Dalyellup Dinosaurs est. 2010.
First trip to Albany 2016 – This trip was 6 years in the making, the stars aligned, the players and playing committee worked together tirelessly to put the trip together and the final brief before the trip can be seen below and pictures here
Hello All Dino’s.
The 2016 season is officially off and running with 3 good wins on the board already and rumor circulating the Masters Football league that the Dino’s come to play! So be prepared…
In just over two weeks, we will step into new territory:
- For the first time we will be travelling to Albany
- For the first time we are officially inviting partners to an away game!
Yes, that’s right, you did read correctly.
The club wants to be more inclusive of our families, and as such, we would like to invite wives, partners, girlfriends and boyfriends along for the trip. (No kids)
This will be a great opportunity for some wives to enjoy the social aspect of the club.
Can you please talk to your better halves and give me an indication at training or reply as to whether or not they would like to come. The details you can discuss that will be confirmed in due course:
- The Bus will leave on the morning of Saturday the 21st May around 7:30am
- There will be a short rest stop in Manjimup for a stretch and bite to eat
- We will arrive into Albany just after lunch and check into a quality hotel (Dog Rock Hotel or Ibis)
- The Ladies then have a choice, watch us lads play football or I have a bus driver available in Albany to take them on a bit of a sightseeing tour.
- After the game we will all enjoy the hospitality of the Albany Football Club before carrying on the good times and checking out the Albany nightlife.
- Romantic couples at this point can slip off back to their rooms.
- Sunday morning we have a reservation for our group at the ANZAC Memorial. Definitely not to be missed.
- We will then journey back to Bunbury hoping to arrive around 14:00 Sunday
What’s all this cost I hear you say.
Well, we estimate that the players will be up for about $110.00 to $130.00 including Bus, accommodation and access to the ANZAC Memorial.
All ladies are paid for by the club and can come along for free.
We do realize that for some families it may be hard to have both parents away, but we do really want to encourage as many partners as possible to join in. If we don’t have enough interest it will be hard to see this being a success and enjoyable for a small number of ladies that want to join in.
Again, talk to your ladies and either reply or see me or Muzz at training to confirm.
State Operations Manager
Well with that said we had 6 Ladies join us on the bus and 2 more meet us in Albany, for a fantastic trip south, one we will all have fond memories of for years to come.
Not only did the stars align, the Heavens opened up!! The 33 Seater Go West Higer with Fanta at the helm braved 125 KM/H winds and driving rain at times sideways down the highway to Viking Land.
All went according to plan, well almost.
A small stop at the Black Cockatoo Cafe in Kojonup for $8 Lamb and Rosemary Pies and double espressos for the driver we battled on, arriving at the Dog Rock with just over an hour to settle in and acclimatize to the 7 Degree temperatures and make our way down to the Railways Footy Club for the impending battle.
Hail on the horizon we arrived at the ground with a playing group of 21 – 3 more than the home side and hit the change-rooms for a quick nip of ginger wine and barrels of tiger balm and dencorub. A few inspired words from the coach and it was on….
To be continued….